The Palacio de Campo Real is a palace located in the historic center of Jerez de la Frontera (Andalusia, Spain).
Medieval, its facade is neoclassical. According to tradition, when the city was conquered by Alfonso X the Wise, he gave the site of the present palace to a noble knight of the city that had helped the king in the conquest. The noble families were crossed with other noble families of the city, such as Benavente and Cabeza de Vaca in s. XVI.
The origin of the building, according to the headstone exposed on the website of the residence, dating from 1545 (s. XVI), built by Pedro Benavente Cabeza de Vaca and Carvajal.
The heirs of the property were the Marquises of Campo Real. Detail of the facade.
The present facade, neoclassical style, was built in 1785 by Jose Vargas and Sánchez.
It consists of two floors. The front door is flanked with two Ionic columns and on it, a framed balcony under an arch.
The courtyard is rectangular four-sided and harmonious, decorated with vegetables and heraldic motifs. One of the medallions represents the marriage Don Pedro and Dona Beatriz Banavente Bernalte
Historically, the ancient palace has hosted large proms, charity festivals and classical music concerts
Currently it is privately owned by Manuel Alfonso de Domecq-Zurita, Vizconde de Almocadén, a member of the Royal Academy of Sciences, Arts and Letters San Dionisio de Jerez.