This building was built on the outskirts of the city of Puerto de Santa María.Su factory began in 1504, and in 1517 was due to deliver to the Minimums of San Francisco, friars who enjoyed great privileges since the founding of the order. It is not known the exact date of installation of these monks in our city, the first of the male religious orders that settled in it, but the minimum, in its expansion in Andalusia (Real Convento de la Victoria in Malaga, founded by the Catholic Monarchs, Andujar …) were in El Puerto in 1502. in 1506 they were already installed under the command of Fray Marcial de Vizines, provincial elected in 1517 who would be donating the building received the Duke D . Juan de la Cerda made the community. According Hipólito Sancho the sanctuary was in principle a different origin who then gave him, which was the pantheon of the Dukes of Medinaceli, then lords of the city, which was financed initially with the ducal patronage and more municipales.El afternoon with contributions Monastery consists mainly of three elements: church, cloister and capitulares.Iglesia rooms: most fundamental thing is its facade, exquisite example of Gothic art. It consists of two large pyramidal buttresses adorned with ogival columns townhouses. Between the two there is an ogee arch that has at its apex a shield with the arms of La Cerda: the castle and the rampant lion of the royal arms of Castile and the three fleurs de lys of France. As in many other buildings built by this time, the Sevillian influence, especially in the temple, reaches not only the structure but also the inspiration for many of the reasons that decorate mainly the cover, conceived as an altarpiece, with abundant gothic and typical of the late fifteenth century plant decorative elements. Similar to those of other churches jerezanas same style and at the door of Forgiveness in the Church Prioral Major characteristics, which suggests the author of the latter.
Indoors up to 500 people
Outdoor cloister up to 1,000 people