Located in the term of Alcala de Guadaira, 14 km from the center of the city of Seville (Spain), is this beautiful space of the most exquisite rural architecture.
As important as its architecture is its history.
The origin of the hacienda San Francisco Javier Angels dates back to the thirteenth century, here apparently, in this place known as the garden of Angels Old, established his camp on King Ferdinand III to undertake the conquest of Seville culminating in 1248 .
Legend has it that the Holy King discovered here a virgin who protected him in his company. This virgin named Angels until 1579, was thereafter known as the Virgen de los Reyes, senior patroness of Seville. As regards its most irrefutable history, Mercedes Gamero informs us of its various owners from the sixteenth to the nineteenth century.
These include the Jesuit College of San Hermenegildo of Seville, which donated the estate in the early s.XVII his valedora Dona Ines de Ávila, which was also known as San Javier de los Angeles.